I truly cannot believe that summer is over. It went SO quickly this year (but I guess I say this every year). This summer was definitely our best yet: the weather was great, there were so many fun things to do, and the kids are old enough that I can take a shower without worrying about what they are getting into!
During the last two weeks of summer, we tried to jam as much fun in as possible. Success!
My fabulous friend Jenny brought her three boys from Cedar Rapids to play for the day. It was rainy, so we spent a fun few hours at an indoor play area. Andrew's favorite was the air hockey.
The five kids played SO well together, which gave Jenny and I some time to catch up!
Kate's back to school shopping. This year she was able to read the list herself and find most of it on her own.
Morning cartoons.
Our first time bowling.
This ramp, along with bumpers, made for some awesome bowlers!
On Tuesday it was gorgeous outside, so I took the kids to an arboretum a bit outside of town. We had the entire place to ourselves and we spent a few hours climbing, exploring, and throwing rocks into the pond.
Last night we went to our first Iowa Cubs game. The kids had earned tickets through the summer reading program at the library and they exceeded our expectations on how long it held their attention (with the help of snacks, of course).
After getting tired of Andrew asking for EVERY treat he saw, I told him that if he asked about food one more time we were going home to eat lima beans, Brussel sprouts and broccoli. So he was thrilled when I surprised them with cotton candy.
And finally, today the kids and I spent some time downtown. Andrew made up a hopscotch game on the Iowa county map where they would throw a rock and then hop to the county where it landed. So much fun.
I say it every year, but it's true: I am so blessed to have the summers to spend with these two. As fall starts, I will miss the lazy mornings, fun adventures, time outside, and just spending time together. I am excited to see what this school year brings for all of us...I have a feeling it's going to be a good one!

















No comments:
Post a Comment